Jayson is a theological conservative committed to a God-Centered and Gospel-Driven expression of Biblical Christianity. He was ordained to the Gospel ministry by the Hampton Park Baptist Church, in Greenville, SC.
Academically Jayson holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in Bible & Pastoral Studies. His wife Jamie, is originally from New Jersey and among other things is involved in the music ministry at LCC. They are a best friends and love serving in ministry together, especial their first ministry which is raising their three children, Karrigan, Draper, and Maddilyn. As the primary teaching pastor, Jayson has a passion for carefully and relevantly unpacking the truths of Scripture.
Jayson Byrd • June 11, 2020
We're excited to be back to inside services.
Guidelines and Procedures for resuming indoor services
We are so excited to be getting back to the pattern of Jesus followers from the time of Christ onward of gathering on the first day of the week, Sunday, for corporate worship and fellowship.
As we said in closing announcements in March, we pray that our guiding priorities are love for God and love for neighbor while submitting to the God-given civil authorities over us. We’re so grateful for the many hours of work and added stresses involved in supplying video services and drive-in services.
Please know that many details and factors have been discussed and many steps have been taken to be prepared for worship. The following is our plan based on recommendations from health, legal, and church leaders. We look forward to regathering in a safe, sanitized, and socially distanced way.
Attendance & Capacity
- All are invited, welcomed, and encouraged to gather. However, attendance capacity will be limited to the Governor’s temporary guidelines.
- So that we are able to be compliant with capacity limitations we are asking everyone to register for a service or call the church office. Knowing approximately how many to expect will help prepare for capacity and add services as needed.
- If you are in any of the categories listed high risk, have a weakened immune system, or live with someone in these categories we encourage you to participate in an alternative way and feel no social pressure or guilt for doing so in this temporary season.
- We will have a VIP Room: The overflow rooms behind the auditorium will be reserved as a separate venue for those in the VP (Vulnerable Population). This is behind the glass, but still able to see and hear the service.
- If you are sick in any way or showing symptoms please do not attend. Your duty is love for neighbor. Those showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be asked to have their temperature taken and/or asked to leave.
- If you do not attend we encourage you to participate by watching via Livestream.
- We encourage following the recommended guidelines for physical distancing. Avoid handshaking and hugs temporarily. Smiles, words of encouragement, Wakanda Salutes, and Vulcan signs ;-), etc. are still encouraged. Bows & courtesies are permissible for those more formal types. :-)
- We encourage you to follow the Governor’s Executive Order in regard to Face Masks.
- Restrooms should be used in a limited and distanced way.
- Wash hands regularly.
- Use the added hand sanitizer stations often.
- Follow the posted instructions.
Instructions & Expectations
Entering & Exiting the Building
- Parking: Follow distancing guidelines in the parking lot and when entering the building.
- Touchless Entrances: Doors will be propped open or opened by an attendant for a touchless entry.
- Follow ushers and greeters’ instructions for distanced seating.
- To reduce congestion and added contact we’re asking many to plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early. We’re planning some extra “Gathering Music” during this time. This same pattern will be followed for exiting after the closing.
- Seating will be distanced by the family unit.
Elements: Expect the regular elements of worship, scripture reading, congregational singing, ministry of the Word, prayer, giving, and fellowship.
Offering: We will not be passing offering plates but will have a box available in the lobby. Online giving will be available as well.
Family Integrated: At this phase our services are Family Integrated, meaning that children worship with their parents or guardians. You can all help this by:
- Help: parents, grandparents, and siblings can help little ones pay attention.
- Accept it as a good thing: Baby’s and children making some noise during the service is normal and should be expected. Don’t worry about it. We actually think it’s awesome to have the sound of children at LCC, it’s a sign of life and health.
- Be courteous: We do, however, want to make sure the message of Christ is heard and clear. So, if the sound gets to a distracting level, it’s quite appropriate and even courteous to get up during the service and take the little one to another room or space.
Please do not Socially Distance or Quarantine the following
While there is a time for physical quarantine, please remember that there are a few things that never should be quarantined.
- Don't quarantine disciple-making and the great commission. Use this opportunity to initiate Gospel relationships and conversations online and in person. Times of crisis give us incredible opportunities to display trust in God and share the hope of the Gospel.
- Don't quarantine prayer. Please keep our church family and ministries in prayer.
- Don't quarantine giving. The work, ministry, and expenses of LCC and our supported missionaries are continuing and in many ways busier now than ever.
Jayson Byrd • May 15, 2020
Beginning May 17th, 2020
What is it?
Worshiping “together” while physically “distant” in vehicles.
Cars Parked spaced apart for an outdoor service organized facing temporary platform or trailer from which music and preaching. Audio transmitted via speakers FM Transmitter. (this also allows us to do this rain or shine)
A greater sense of fellowship and togetherness more attuned to corporate worship than passively watching separately on a screen at home.
Note: At the service you'll want to go to THIS LINK to follow the service.
- Windows closed unless the cars is parked 6 feet from others.
- Stay in YOUR vehicle - nothing exchanged between vehicles, remain in your vehicle, no sharing vehicles - single-family/group.
- Restrooms are only available for emergencies. We encourage all to “go” before coming.
- Offering: We will not pass plates, but encourage donations, offerings, and tithes via mail and online giving. A basket/bin at the exit for offering envelope drop-off when leaving the lot.
- Service Starts at 10:45 AM
- Enter through Seaview Ave. entrance. We encourage you to arrive early.
- Follow parking attendant instructions.
- Tune your radio to FM 88.5
- Look up the song lyrics or use the Digital Bulletin
- Will there still be a Livestream video? Yes. We know some will not be able to attend in a car for a variety of reasons, so we will still have the video Livestream available on the website. However, the Livestream will be “low tech” in terms of sound and video quality.
- When families worship together, children receive an amazing intergenerational experience and thus have the opportunity to be influenced by the example of their parents and the congregation.
- We encourage kids to participate in the service as a family. We are seeking to include the kids in our song selection and Pastor’s new series has the kids in mind as well.
- 8 Tips For Helping Your Child Worship--this is a free printable PDF that gives helpful ways to engage your kids in worship.
- Several options are available for kids’ church notebooks that encourage listening and understanding. Here are a couple we recommend:
- “My Church Notebook” by Truth78 (John Piper’s ministry)
- “Busy Books: Sermon Notebooks For Kids” (recommended for ages 8-12)
We encourage our youth to “own” the fact that this is their church. We need you now more than ever. You are digital natives, we are digital immigrants. Some areas that you can serve are:
Idea: holding signs lining the parking lot entrance with happy joyful greetings.
Helping with Livestream and slides during the service. Taking pics for Instagram, etc. Helping our church on social media.
- Resources for engaging during services:
- “Busy Books: Sermon Notes For Young Ladies” (Teen Girls)
- “Sermon Notes Journal” (Teens & Adults)
- “52-Week Sermon Notes Journal” (Teens & Adults)
Jayson Byrd • April 10, 2020
I find myself going back to this clip almost every year on Good Friday.
I love this meditation on Good Friday and can’t listen/watch it enough. S.M. (Shadrach Meshack) Lockridge, a pastor in San Deigo from 1953-1993 at Calvary Baptist Church.
Here are two videos with the audio of S.M. Lockridge’s famous sermon “Sunday’s Coming.” The first is powerfully illustrated with footage from “The Passion of the Christ” and the second supplies the text in the screen.
Enjoy and meditate this Good Friday!
Jesus is praying
Peter’s a sleeping
Judas is betraying
But Sunday’s comin’
The council is conspiring
The crowd is vilifying
They don’t even know
That Sunday’s comin’
The disciples are running
Like sheep without a shepherd
Peter is denying
But they don’t know
That Sunday’s a comin’
The Romans beat my Jesus
They robe him in scarlet
They crown him with thorns
But they don’t know
That Sunday’s comin’
See Jesus walking to Calvary
His blood dripping
His body stumbling
And his spirit’s burdened
But you see, it’s only Friday
The world’s winning
People are sinning
And evil’s grinning
The soldiers nail my Savior’s hands
To the cross
They nail my Savior’s feet
To the cross
And then they raise him up
Next to criminals
But let me tell you something
The disciples are questioning
What has happened to their King
And the Pharisees are celebrating
That their scheming
Has been achieved
But they don’t know
It’s only Friday
He’s hanging on the cross
Feeling forsaken by his Father
Left alone and dying
Can nobody save him?
But Sunday’s comin’
The earth trembles
The sky grows dark
My King yields his spirit
Hope is lost
Death has won
Sin has conquered
and Satan’s just a laughin’
Jesus is buried
A soldier stands guard
And a rock is rolled into place
But it’s Friday
It is only Friday
Sunday is a comin’!
Jayson Byrd • March 20, 2020
A simple guide to watching our services live when you’re not able to attend in person.
Out of love for God and love for neighbor, we plan to still “Be the Church” and comply with recommendations and guidelines for social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis. Our desire was to offer online options “someday” anyway, but in God’s providence, this event has sped that up.
will be streamed live at 9:30 and 11:00 AM on Sundays. You can access the stream in multiple ways, as we want to give many options depending on how you access online media.
Meetings & Small Group Gatherings:
Small meetings and interactive prayer gatherings will be conducted via Zoom. A “how-to” info sheet will be coming soon.
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
To allow our church and community to remain connected and continue to be the church while following social distancing guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To extend the “front porch” of our church. Allow shut-ins and sick to stay connected as well as those traveling or on military deployment.
How to Connect to Live Stream
We Livestream via Boxcast, which allows us to stream to many locations to give you several options to watch. Just pick which one works best for you.
Via a Web browser:
Simply go to https://linwoodcommunity.church/live on any browser. This is the most simple and direct way.
On Social Media
- Youtube: Go to our LCC Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjbJx57PTnKbuRSw1BVni4A/discussion?view_as=subscriber
- Facebook Live: Follow our Facebook Page. The service will go live there. https://www.facebook.com/Linwoodcommunity.church
Faithlife TV Follow our Livestream in the mobile app. https://faithlifetv.com/items/737616
- iPhone or Ipad https://apps.apple.com/us/app/faithlife-tv/id1025325721?ls=1
- Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faithlife.tvapp.android
- Use the Boxcast App and search for Linwood Community Church Channel. https://www.boxcast.com/tv-apps-appletv-roku
- Apple TV https://apps.apple.com/us/app/boxcast/id1113645192
- Ruku https://channelstore.roku.com/details/90448/boxcast
- Amazon Fire TV https://www.amazon.com/BoxCast/dp/B07M7WNFM2
- Faithlife TV App search for the Linwood Community Church channel
- Apple TV https://apps.apple.com/us/app/faithlife-tv/id1025325721
- Amazon Fire TV https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072NCJQMX
- Roku https://channelstore.roku.com/details/35394/faithlife-tv
- Chromecast https://faithlifetv.com/watch-anywhere
Please note that this is new to us and we are learning. So, please be patient with us. We appreciate the feedback and helpful suggestions. “Until the whole world knows”